LEARN POWER BI DESKTOP WITHOUT ATTENDING TUTORIALS
Power BI is a business analytics service provided by Microsoft. It provides interactive visualizations with self-service business intelligence capabilities, where end users can create reports and dashboards by themselves, without having to depend on information technology staff or database administrators.
You can Use Power BI on a cloud platform, Desktop as well as Mobile and other Gateways
- Access data from hundreds of supported on-premises and cloud-based sources,
- enables you to draw deep insights for a broad range of scenarios.
- Reclaim hours in your day to Ingest, transform, integrate and enrich data in Power BI.
- Advanced Analytics -Dig deeper into data your and find patterns they may have otherwise missed, with Power BI features like quick measures, grouping, forecasting, and clustering
- Create stunning reports with interactive data visualizations. Tell your data story using a drag-and-drop canvas and hundreds of modern data visuals
- Publish from Desktop to the Cloud
- Build a relational data model with scattered data tables and blend these scattered tables into insightful information about your business.
POWER BI IS FREE!!
How Would You Learn?
Power BI is so deep as Excel is deep that you cannot learn in 3 days. I have therefore, created a virtual program, that will take you to the depth of Power BI with over 100 + Videos Plus practical Excel Workbooks. This is the best training you will ever receive on Power BI
This course is Exclusively about POWER BI DESKTOP but I started a preliminary introduction of POWER BI Cloud Service.
The Course is Organized as follows:
PART A – Introduction To Power BI Service – Data upload, creating reports, quick insights, data transformation etc.
PART B – Power BI Desktop Organized as follows:
- Introduction – introduction, downloading, customization, navigating the interface
- Data Shaping & Transformation – Creating Queries, Grouping, Exploring the Query Editor, Data Source Settings, Data Normalization.
- Preparing Data For Modeling – Data Hierarchy, Data Modeling tips
- Data Modeling – Creating relationships, Cardinality Explained, Row Context, Filter Context, Filter Flow, Hiding Relationships Fields from report view, One-To Many relationships explained.
- Getting Started with Data Analysis Expression (DAX Query Language)
- Arithmetic Operators (Addition, subtraction, Multiplication, Division, Exponents
- Comparison Operators (Equal to, Greater than, Less Than, not equal to)
- Text & Logical Operators (Single & Double Ampersand, Single & Double Pipe)
- Common DAX Maths & Stats Functions (SUM, AVERAGE,DIVIDE, COUNT, DISTINCT COUNT)
- Iterator Functions (SUMX, AVERAGEX, COUNTX, RANKX, MAXX)
- DAX Logical Functions (IF, AND, IFERROR,OR,SWITCH)
- DAX Text Functions (CONCATENATE, FORMAT, LEFT/MID/RIGHT, UPPER/LOWER, PROPER, LEN,SEARCH/FIND, REPLACE etc.
- Filter Functions (CALCULATE, FILTER, ALL, RELATED, DISTINCT)
- Date & Time Functions (NOW, TODAY, DATEDIFF, WEEKDAY,WEEKNUM
- Time Intelligent Functions (DATESYTD, DATESQTD,DATESMTD,DATEADD)
In this course, we shall you DAX Function language to create calculated columns and calculated measures that will be used for Visualization. You will understand the concept of Filter flow, Row Context and Filter Context.
- Reporting – Creating Different visualizations, Drilling reports to granular levels.
- Exploring The Reporting Pane,
- Creating & Formatting Visualizations – Different types of Visualizations including MAP.
Excel Users are at home with Power BI